There has been first few bugs reported, which I already fixed. Expect MiniMTL222 soon to arrive.
I would also like to share some info on how to do CTF maps for mod. Mod has default support only for stock maps and would crash the server if non-suitable map is loaded in CTF mode.
First of all, you should follow the rule of naming the map: DXMP_CTF_MapNameGoesHere.
Secondly, place 2 actors inside the map (mark where flags are). Actor class must be "SpawnPoint". Then configure each one:
- set Tag to "CTFFLAG"
- set ownerTeam to "0" for UNATCO flag and "1" for NSF flag
If you do not place these 2 SpawnPoints with exact configuration, server would crash and you can check server.log to find out why.
There is another important thing related to Spectator mode. All spectators are started at location 0,0,0 with rotation 0,0,0. If you would like to show some good part of the map to spectators when map is loaded, then you should consider this. I will perhaps add SpawnPoint even for that once in future where you could then configure location and rotation of spectators starting points.
Where's MiniMTL223, then? Seen it on servers! We need more CTF maps.
ReplyDeleteMiniMTL224 is scheduled for launch shortly. I am still collecting any kind of bug notifications in version 222.
ReplyDeleteAs for maps, there will be at least one map (CTF CMD) shipped with it. For others, you need to ask people to do more CTF maps :)